Discover more from On Words and Up Words
Puzzle 8/7/22 — Explained
The solution and explanation for this week's puzzle.
Here’s the solution to this week’s “All Anagrams” puzzle, with the parsing of each clue explained and the completed puzzle below. There’s no theme to this puzzle, apart from the SCRAMBLED in the middle, which nods to the puzzle’s anagrammatic nature.
Definitions are italicized and anagram indicators shown with an * in parentheses.
Feel free to comment or reach out if you liked something, didn’t get something, or spotted an error!
5. I nap uncomfortably because of this (4)
An anagram (uncomfortably*) of I NAP with a cryptic definition (pain causes one to nap uncomfortably).
6. Nude on ground in trouble (6)
An anagram (ground*, as coffee might be) of NUDE ON.
8. Come on, Venti I ordered! (6)
An anagram (ordered*) of VENTI I.
9. Rose muddled and angry (4)
An anagram (muddled*) of ROSE.
10. Cabled Mrs. Twist for some eggs (9)
An anagram (twist*) of MRS CABLED.
11. File around. Is that all there is? (4)
An anagram (around*) of FILE.
12. Relaxed in strange desert (6)
An anagram (strange*) of DESERT.
13. Legal "E"? Odd claim (6)
An anagram (odd*) of LEGAL E.
14. Tear up about price of services (4)
An anagram (up*) of TEAR.
1. Village in S.E. Crazy Town in America (11)
An anagram (crazy*) of VILLAGE IN SE.
2. Silly trainee fez for mechanic's helper (10)
An anagram (silly*) of TRAINEE FEZ.
3. Muskrat peer revolts in bazaar (11)
An anagram (revolts*) of MUSKRAT PEER.
4. Meat and vegetables needing stir in a stew (11)
An anagram (in a stew*) of NEEDING STIR.
7. A secret I'll tell you drunkenly: Sure is cold! (10)
An anagram (drunkenly*) of SURE IS COLD.